Thursday, March 21, 2013

Random happenings

**CHECK OUT MY NEW BLOG POST OVER AT: http://fitgirlwannabe.blogspot.com/ **

Some random happenings around our house this week!


Photographer-Girl decided she wanted a white board to hang her pictures on above her bed. The Boy helped daddy hang it up.


She was quite excited to start putting up some pictures

This picture made me laugh-I think they were 'arguing' about what pictures to hang up and where to hang them =)

Yeah. So THAT happened. Do not click on this picture if shattered glass makes you panic-y. Oh it was bad people.  I really have no idea what happened. I was cooking a few chicken breasts in foil to chop up and use in a pasta dish. Pull it out of the oven after an hour and the dish just busts apart in my hand!! Glass bits IN the oven, glass on the stove, glass ALL over the floor. Cleaning up glass makes me a little crazy. I probably went thru a whole roll of paper towels making sure EVERY BIT OF GLASS had been cleaned up.  Digging glass out of the bottom of wee little feet was NOT on my agenda (neither was cleaning up glass from a shattered casserole dish, but whatev).

This was another no-media day activity. Photographer-Girl set up a 'store' and let the younger 3 'shop'. She even made 'money' for each of them and priced all her items. When they ran out of money, they would 'work' for her and she would pay them money, which in turn, they would spend again in her store. Smart girl, that one.
After they were done shopping, they were supposed to return the stuff to the 'store' (aka the couch), but The Boy didnt quite understand (or care) about this part of the game and would cart his stuff off to a different room. He's easily distracted.

Dont ya love a 'clean-the-fridge' salad? I actually smartened up and made this salad a few hours before dinner so that when dinner time hit, I could just whip it out and start stuffing my face, er, I mean EATING VERY LADY LIKE.
=)
Anyway, I had leftover salmon, 1/2 a cucumber, a few strips of different bell peppers, some baby carrots and green leaf lettuce. Topped off with one of my favorite dressings, Newman's Own 'Low Fat Sesame Ginger'. Only 35 cal for 2 tbsp!  I usually dont do 'low fat' stuff but this didnt have any weird ingredients in it, so I'm game.

Here's a new recipe I tried this week:
BEEF PEPPER STEAK


I had meant to get a picture of this all pretty over rice, but it was so stinkin' good I totally forgot about that! My oldest 2 girls and hubby liked it as well (though they didnt like the bell peppers or onions in it).
The recipe can be found HERE
The only changes I made were that I used the sirloin that is already chopped up for stir fry and I didnt fry the meat all the way thru, just about 1/2 way done, then I added it to the crockpot. Didnt have any cornstarch so I used potato starch and I used a wee bit more soy sauce.
Definitely a keeper.


Have you tried any new recipes lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment