Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ECC week 2 Day 2

Hello bloggidy-bloggers! Happy Tuesday to you. It was another fun day in ECC for us. First up, the craft for the week. Now I am NOT a crafty person. Sure, I like stamping and making cards. After the kids are in bed. In my jammies. With some yummy chocolate by my side.....mmmm....chocolate...
*ahem* where was I....oh yes, crafts. Now given that I have 5 little people living under my roof (for free mind you, the lucky ducks), you can bet we have our fair share of art and craft supplies. Its quite odd, as I love to buy the crafty stuff for the little rascals but rarely do I implement the craft time that would be needed to actually use said items.
Occasionally, they can stand it no longer and end up pulling out the craft stuff THEMSELVES and having what I like to call a craft-a-pa-looza. They get out all manor of paper, glue, scissors, pipe cleaners, popsicles sticks, paper plates....yadda yadda yadda. It seriously looks like a craft store threw up on my kitchen table and then forgot to wipe its chin before living the room. Makes me a little cross eyed just thinking about it.
ANYWHO...
I love that MFW builds craft time in (SIMPLE crafts mind you) so I can feel like they aren't missing out on this, apparently, important part of childhood (though I have no recollections of throwing down some good ol crafty time as a child and I am perfectly fine and normal, TECHNICALLY speaking).....


Today was multicultural paper dolls....



I let them use a couple of our book basket books to get an idea of what the children should look like.

Finished project. A whole gaggle (school? pack? ream?) of chilrens =)


I attached them to the wall using this amazing adhesive that I bought from Rainbow Resource. I think it was $6-7 for this roll. Its a double sided foam tape that sticks well and wont mar your wall at all. A MUST have for any homeschool momma who has an addiction to sticking things to her wall....not that I KNOW anyone like that.......*innocent blink*......moving on....

Here is what the adhesive look like on the back of the dolls....

Hanging on the wall of our school room. The girls had fun doing this and it was right up my crafting alley-just paper and colored pencils. No muss, no fuss.

On another school note, we labeled the oceans on our maps from last week (at which time we labeled and colored the continents)


Its so funny that I got a message from another bloggy gal doing ECC who did this same page below today. We had to shade in the different biomes following a picture in a book. Talk about headache! I think my left eye is still twitching....
The older 2 girls were the only ones to do this and each colored a whopping 9 seconds before saying it was too hard, so guess who had to color the rest. Moi.
I was NOT going to go thru that headache more than once, so I colored Savannah's and made a copy of it for Ariel's binder as well.
Oh and please dont enlarge the picture, the coloring skills part of my brain was on vacation today. I bet she's eating ice cream by the beach while petting fluffy kittens and getting a foot massage.....










1 comment:

  1. Oh!! The paper dolls turned out great!!! Super idea about using the book to help with drawing the children too. We're going to do these tomorrow and I have the same book so I'll definately remember to use it :-D

    ReplyDelete