Tuesday, August 17, 2010

ECC Week 6 Day 2 MEXICO

ECC Week 6 Day 2 MEXICO
This week is going by far too fast! We are SO enjoying our stay in Mexico and learning alot.
Today we learned about Nature, Farming and Industry in our Illustrated World Atlas, and about how animals and plants deal w/ the dryness in the desert in Living World Encyclopedia.
Oh and we threw a little language arts and math in there for good measure.

I read this book aloud today...
*click any picture to enlarge*
We all really enjoyed reading about children in Mexico and learning a bit about their daily lives and their interests.
But of course, the highlight of the day was craft time.
We didnt get to our Yarn Art yesterday, so we did it today instead....





They all did surprisingly well with this, though our fingers got all sticky and 'yarny'. Savannah and Ariel's are on top, Skylar and Jaidyn's on the bottom.

We also made tissue paper flowers today....

For now, the girls made 2 each but they want to take the supplies to bed tonight so they can make more during their quiet time....
I'm hesitant to admit it, but I THINK My Father's World may actually turn me into a craft-lovin' momma =)















1 comment:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog. I followed you here from my blog, To Be Busy at Home. Thank you for all of the sweet comments about our school room. Yes, I do love my storage!

    Even though my children are in 4th, 6th, and 8th grades, we continue to do hands-on projects, art projects, and crafts. I think it adds so much to a study. I've heard my boys say many times, "Oh, I remember that, that's when we made the __________." Best of blessings on your school year!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete