Monday, August 2, 2010

Our curriculum

I am participating in the 'Not-Back-To-School' Blog hope over at Heart of the Matter Online. This week's focus: curriculum.

This is our first year using My Father's World. We started beginning of July and are doing the 'Exploring Countries and Cultures' unit which is the first unit in their 5 yr history cycle. It covers bible, reading, geography, science, art and music. We add in our own foriegn language, math and language arts. You can see the curriculum here
I am using this as the main curriculum for my almost 10yr old, 8yr old, and 6.5 old daughters and my 5yr old sits in for most all of it as well.
By age:

Savannah who will be 10 next month:
Language Arts: Intermediate Language Lessons, Writing Strands, Spelling Power
Math: Math U See

Ariel age 8.5
Language Arts: Primary Language Lessons, Writing Strands, Spelling Power
Math: Math U See

Skylar who will be 7 in October:
Language Arts: Primary Language Lessons, Complete Book of Animals, HWT 'Printing Power'
Math: Math U See

Jaidyn age 5:
Phonics: Teach your child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons
Handwriting: Handwriting without Tears
Also using Get Read for the Code book A

For Health we are currently using Prudence and the Millers. When we finish that we will start Abeka.

Some extras: We love the Math U See drill online which is free for anyone. We also go to the Sheppard Software site which is ALSO free to drill geography. This is a GREAT site with a lot of different educational avenues, not just geography.

Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. I'm seeing a lot of My Father's World users on the NOT Back-to-School blog hop this year. I don't personally use it, but I am a huge fan of literature based curriculum, so it does look appealing to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Robin, we love it! this is our first year of using MFW and it is a PERFECT fit for us =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing, Anna! Am sooo glad to hear MFW is going well for you! Am looking forward to starting Adventures with Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will LOVE it Amy!! Someone let me borrow her Adventures manual and I am KICKING myself that I didnt 'discover' MFW earlier so we could have used it!

    ReplyDelete