Thursday, August 19, 2010

FIESTA!!!!!!!

FIESTA TIME!!!!

We had SUCH a good time at our fiesta today. The girls and I started to decorate last night (ok, they ran around and played with the balloons while I hung up streamers).
And then I finished up this morning. This is a picture of the room before they woke up today.
*click any picture to enlarge*
Our display wall. If you notice, we also put sombreros and maracas on the balloons (the girls colored the pictures and we cut them out and taped them on)....

Display area: some worksheets the girls did these past 2 weeks, some of our art projects and some of the library books we enjoyed....

Here are the pictures they colored....
More pictures of balloons...

We put on some Mexican music while we started to make our food...here we are making Mexican wedding cakes...

Dancing with Grandpa while the Mexican wedding cakes cook...

Finished product BEFORE they were doused in powdered sugar....


Homemade tortilla chips before they were baked....


Baked tortilla chip-yum


Making guacamole....

and homemade tortillas...

The table! (though I forgot to put the Mexican Wedding Cakes and Tortilla chips on there-oops!)



homemade tortillas, pico de gallo, guacamole...



Tomatoes from our garden, refried beans, taco meat, cheese....



Apple Enchiladas...
Eating the food-so so so so good

After lunch, we were ready to hit the pinata! I had to take a picture of this. Them laying under the pinata SO excited to start...

hitting the pinata....


The loot!

They had so much fun today. We all loved the homemade tortillas and I probably WOULD have liked the homemade tortilla chips-if the girls would have left me any (we only used PAM and salt on ours)! They have requested that I make those MUCH more often. They also loved the mexican wedding cakes (didnt use nuts), and the Apple Enchiladas.
I dont know if I have said it before but.....
I LOVE MY FATHER'S WORLD!!!!!!!











































4 comments:

  1. Anna,
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. We are using MFW-ECC also this year and I love your decorations. We just started this week and I will have to come back and visit you for your great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hopping over! I am now a follower of your blog! Have a great year-ECC rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my golly-gee! Can we say' “YUMMM!!!” The food looks so good! I love all of the decorations too! I know you guys had a blast. I 2nd the MFW Rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh goodness! This looks like it was so much fun, and like the kids got so much out of it as well. Great job, Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete